FOR INFORMATION ON TRAINING DELIVERED BY MBT - LINK BELOW TO MBT 2013 Training Plan.
Master Builders Tasmania is an industry leader in the area of education and training, and with the support of the Tasmanian Building and Construction Training Board offers a series of specially designed packages to its members and those employed in the building and construction industry.
- Quality Assurance Management seminars and workshops
- Workplace health and safety/safety induction training
- Courses in supervisory skills, management, industrial relations, negotiations and communications
- Technical seminars on job costing, prolongation costs, building awards and marketing
- Seminars on changes to legislation, affecting such areas as taxation and building codes etc.
- Computers and information technology
- Back to Basics accreditation courses
- Building Code of Australia
- Timber Framing Standard (AS 1684)
- Footings and Slabs Standard (AS 2870)
- Wet Area Waterproofing (AS 3740)
- Energy Efficiency and Green Living
- Height Safety Training
- Manual Handling
CURRENT TRAINING COURSES AVAILABLE - SEE BELOW
Current training courses are advertised in this section.
For further information, or to register for any of the courses in the Training Plan 2013 please call Wendy Jarvis on 6210 2000 or email email@example.com
Work Health and Safety Act 2012
As from 1 January 2013 the WHS Act 2012 and Regulations were introduced. There are a few changes in relation to the previous legislation – mainly about better consultation, better record keeping and making sure BEFORE you start a job, that you have "safe systems" to make sure that every job is done in a way that does not put anyone at risk. Training on the Act and Regulations and documentation to assist with compliance will start this month in Hobart - on Tuesday 12th, Devonport - Monday 18th and Launceston - Tuesday 19th March, 2013. Training times 4 – 7pm at each session. After the first session you will walk away with a policy that you understand and are comfortable with.
In the following sessions you will be assisted to make up templates and registers that will make sure you address all the issues required to have "safe systems". You have the choice of doing them paper based or we can offer you a way to do it electronically as well - your choice.
Note: due to the popularity of this Training MBT is advertising expressions of interest for Round 2. Click here for Registration Form.
At the end of the four sessions you will have:
A safety policy you are required to have under the Act
The reporting mechanisms to deliver what you state in your policy
Enough CPD points for a year
We will be using templates supplied by Workplace Standards Tasmania throughout the four sessions. For further information Click Here for "Expression of Interest" for Training Course - Complying with WHS and Regulations.
Link to Workplace Standards Tasmania Templates.
Expressions of interest for other training as follows:
Conduct a Basic Site Survey
Contract Management and Obligations
Cert IV in WH&S